A look at the college highlights of UCLA defensive end Datone Jones.
With the 26th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the GREEN BAY PACKERS select:
SR (6’4” – 283lbs)
STRENGTHS: Well-built athlete with long arms and good strength, throughout. Flashes an explosive initial burst off the snap to penetrate gaps. Uses his hands well at the snap to rip free from blocks, showing a variety of pass rush techniques (swim, rip, club), as well as enough power to simply bull over offensive linemen into the backfield.
Keeps his head up and locates the football quickly, showing good awareness and effort in pursuit. Has the upper-body strength to lock-out opponents and seal the edge. Stout enough to slide inside to defensive tackle, especially on obvious pass rush downs. Enjoyed a breakout senior campaign and may be just scratching the surface of his potential.
WEAKNESSES: A classic ‘tweener who until his senior season hadn’t ever lived up to expectations. Lacks the sustained speed and flexibility to turn the corner as a traditional 4-3 defensive end. Lacks the bulk to handle full-time duties as a traditional defensive tackle. Has a tendency to stand up as he comes off the ball, losing out on the leverage battle. Uses his hands well initially but tires quickly and struggles to disengage once his opponent has locked on.
yeah, this game still sucks but hey this helps!
- sat at a table at Curly’s next to Jerron McMillian’s parents. They’re cool people.
- Aaron was just not himself today. I know we’ve got injuries, but with the way our offense was playing, we were almost lucky to pull off a win. No deep threat at all..two fumbles by Aaron (though one was luckily taken back)..non-threatening running game..
- SO happy Donald Driver got that touchdown. It frustrates me that they don’t play him. If they don’t want to play him, they should have let him go to a team he would actually see some more action on. He obviously isn’t done.
- defense made some good stops. That blocked punt really was crucial. However, at times we made the Jaguar’s offense look pretty good (which they usually don’t)
- Mason Crosby and the 32 (?) yd field goal miss…………….I don’t know what to say
- all in all, we just really need to play better. and we need injured guys back. but, a win is a freaking win. I’m happy enough. GO PACK GO.
and said that he heard that he was having a tough week, and even though he didn’t necessarily agree with the call made, he respected the class Elliott had shown about the controversy.
What a classy coach we have. Seriously.